1825 Interiors General Terms & Conditions
1. General: All products (Products) sold by Farmhouse Furniture Australia Pty Limited ACN 135 610 276 (trading as 1825 Interiors) (1825 Interiors) are sold subject to the following terms and conditions (Terms). All other terms and conditions express or implied, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. No variation to these Terms included in an order for Products (Order), specification or other document, will bind 1825 Interiors unless expressly and specifically agreed to in writing by an authorised employee of 1825 Interiors.
2. Orders and Prices: 1825 Interiors’ catalogues/website are published as sources of general information only, do not constitute contractual offers and are not binding on 1825 Interiors. 1825 Interiors reserves the right to accept Orders in whole or in part. Once 1825 Interiors has accepted an Order, the Customer may not alter or modify the Order without the written consent of an authorised employee of 1825 Interiors.
Prices quoted in published price list are subject to change without notice and are not binding on 1825 Interiors. The Customer agrees to pay for the Products, freight and insurance charges, goods and services tax (GST) or other taxes required by law to be paid in relation to the Products and the storage charges if applicable. Prices showing on the Order are inclusive of GST. The Customer will not be entitled to any subsequent price reductions, e.g. as a result of a promotion. If the Customer wishes to take the new prices, the original Order must be cancelled and a cancellation fee of 15% of the purchase price shown on the original Order will apply.
When you place an Order on 1825 Interiors’ website, you will be emailed an Order Confirmation. This email is an acknowledgement only and will not constitute acceptance of your Order. A contract between us for the purchase of the goods will not be formed until you receive a phone call from the retail store handling your Order and/or an email from the store with a Sales Order attached. We are not obliged to supply the product to you until we have accepted your Order. We are not able to quote delivery or pick-up lead times for online orders. There can be time delays transferring "In stock" products from store to store within NSW and/or the ACT. Occasionally, if stock is low or discontinued, we may oversell on items on your order. In this case you will be offered a refund or store credit. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. Bear in mind that any lead times quoted are an indication only and we will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays. We may at our discretion refuse to accept an Order from you for any reason including but not limited to: (a) unavailability of stock; (b) we suspect that you may on-sell our Products to other customers; (c) any Products with zero price due to a fault, technical issues or otherwise.
1825 Interiors makes every effort to ensure prices and product information on our website, catalogues or advertisements are correct and up-to-date. Prices for our Products displayed on third party websites may not be correct and 1825 Interiors is not bound by them.
3. Payment: All Products must be paid for in full before delivery, unless purchased under an approved finance contract. All payments by personal or business cheques are subject to bank clearance before delivery. Without prejudice to any other remedy, 1825 Interiors may charge interest on any overdue payments at an annual rate equal to the interest rate charged by ANZ on overdraft accounts (to accrue from day to day).
The Customer cannot withhold payment of the full amount if the Customer disputes part of an Order. The Customer indemnifies 1825 Interiors on demand against all costs, charges, expenses, and legal costs incurred by 1825 Interiors in recovering sums owed by the Customer.
4. Risk: Risk in the Products will pass to the Customer on delivery or collection of the Products, as the case may be.
5. Delivery, Pick-up and Storage: All delivery charges will be the responsibility of the Customer, including any additional costs incurred as the result of difficulties with access. The Customer must ensure adequate access for delivery. 1825 Interiors may, at the Customer’s request, organise delivery and will provide the Customer with a quote for delivery charges. 1825 Interiors gives or accepts delivery dates in good faith but does not guarantee those dates.
1825 Interiors will not be liable if it is delayed or prevented from delivering Products due to any circumstance of any kind. Customers not available to take delivery on the agreed day will be charged by the carrier for any subsequent delivery.
Delivery dates will not be varied once they have been agreed without the prior written consent of an authorised employee of 1825 Interiors. Any damage on delivery must be reported to the carrier and the store within 2 days of delivery. Delivery charges are not refundable after the service is rendered.
If the Customer picks up Products from 1825 Interiors’ warehouse or store, the Customer must inspect the Products for damage and completeness at the time of pickup. The Customer must return the Products to 1825 Interiors at own cost for inspection if it is later found an issue with the Products.
1825 Interiors reserves the right to allocate the Products to the next customer waiting if the Customer fails to take delivery or pick up within seven (7) days after the Customer has been notified that the Order is available and reserves the right to charge storage cost.
6. Cancellation: Cancellations are subject to a minimum cancellation charge of 15% of the purchase price to cover loss of value, administration and inventory costs, and other associated expenses.
7. Custom-made Products: Where 1825 Interiors has agreed to procure, warehouse or distribute Products custom-made to the Customer’s specifications, for example: a sofa lounge, a deposit of 50% of the purchase price is required at the time of order.
The Order cannot be cancelled except at 1825 Interiors’ absolute discretion. If 1825 Interiors accepts cancellation of an Order of a custom-made Product, the cancellation will be subject to a minimum cancellation charge of 30% of the purchase price. Cancellations where manufacturing has commenced may include a cancellation charge up to the entire purchase price.
If a custom-made Product is faulty, we will first seek to repair it. If the Product cannot be satisfactorily repaired, the Product will be replaced.
8. Title to Products: Ownership in the Products does not pass to the Customer until payment is received in full by 1825 Interiors. Until title passes to the Customer: (a) the Customer will hold the Products as fiduciary bailee and agent for 1825 Interiors; (b) the Customer will insure the Products against all usual risks to full replacement value; and (c) the Customer will hold on trust for 1825 Interiors in a separate bank account any monies received by the Customer equal to the amount owing to 1825 Interiors for those Products.
9. Return of Products: If the Customer has not paid in full for Products, or enters into bankruptcy, liquidation, a composition with its creditors, has a receiver or manager appointed over all or any part of its assets enters into administration or becomes insolvent, the Customer must deliver the Products at own cost to 1825 Interiors upon demand.
10. No waiver: A breach or any right of election arising from a breach of these Terms is not waived by any failure to or delay in the exercise, or partial exercise, of that right of election or any other right.
11. Warranty for Products: 1825 interiors warrants that the product is free from manufacturing, structural or materials defects as specified below from the date of delivery:
• Timber Furniture (including reclaimed timber furniture) – 12 months
• Imported Upholstered Lounges up to 24 months
• Upholstered Bed Frame up to 24 months
• Upholstered Ottoman and Storage Unit – 12 months
• Upholstered Fabric Dining and Bedroom Chairs – 12 months
• Australian-made sofas – Please refer to warranty card for detail
1825 Interiors will repair or replace the faulty Product during the warranty period. This warranty only applies to Products that are used for normal domestic purposes and excludes used for commercial purposes. It is only valid for the original purchase and is not transferable.
This warranty does NOT apply to: 1) Normal wear and tear (including pilling); 2) Damage caused by accidents, misuse or abuse; 3) Damage caused by improper installation, storage or not following care instructions; 4) Discolouration, fading or timber splitting caused by excessive exposure to direct sunlight. 5) Defects made known to Customer on Products sold from “Stock to Go/Clearance” room.
If you believe that your product is defective, please forward your warranty claim to the 1825 Interiors store where the purchase was made. Alternatively, please contact us by email: email@example.com or by telephone: 02 9616 6600.
Proof of purchase must be produced, and the claim must be accompanied by explanation and photographs illustrating the defects. You are responsible for returning the Products to 1825 Interiors at your cost for assessment, repair or replacement. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund or an in-store credit for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
1825 Interiors will only be responsible for delivery of the repaired or replaced goods to the original delivery address or nearby suburbs.
Please note that nail holes, timber knots, colour variation and timber block patches on reclaimed timber furniture are natural characters and are not considered a fault or defects. Every piece of reclaimed timber furniture is different. The reclaimed timber furniture may only be exchanged at the absolute discretion of 1825 Interiors. The customers must pay for all associated costs to exchange reclaimed timber furniture.
12. Liability: All other warranties and representations whether statutory or otherwise, express or implied or oral or written, as to the state, quality or fitness of the Products are expressly excluded except any implied conditions and warranties which are expressed to be incapable of exclusion by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other statute.
Where such statutory provisions apply, the obligation of 1825 Interiors is limited to the extent permitted by law to: (a) replacement of the Products or supply of equivalent Products; (b) the cost of having the Products repaired; or (c) the repair of the Products.
To the extent permitted by law and subject only to any express exceptions contained in these Terms, 1825 Interiors will not be liable for any loss sustained by the Customer resulting directly or indirectly out of the supply of Products by 1825 Interiors, the use or receipt of Products, any breach by 1825 Interiors of these Terms, or the negligence of 1825 Interiors.
Without limiting the generality of this clause, 1825 Interiors is not liable in any circumstances (including any fault or default of 1825 Interiors) for any indirect or consequential losses, loss of profits or use, any rectification costs or any third-party claims in connection with Products.
13. Privacy: 1825 Interiors complies with the national privacy principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The Customer agrees that 1825 Interiors may communicate future promotions using personal information. The Customer has the right to opt out of such communication at any time by notifying 1825 Interiors.
General Terms & Conditions last updated on 2/3/21