Purpose / Scope
Farmhouse Furniture Australia Pty Limited (trading as 1825 Interiors) (“1825 Interiors”, “we”, “us”, “our”) recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of individual and abides by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). For more information, visit www.oaic.gov.au.
Collection of personal information
1825 Interiors may collect personal information such as your name, date of birth, contact details (address, phone, mobile and email address etc.) for the purpose of carrying out its functions and activities. For example, 1825 Interiors may request personal information when you:
- order goods that require delivery in store or on our website;
- contact 1825 Interiors for information on its products and services;
- ask for a quote to be prepared;
- apply for finance at any of 1825 Interiors’ retail outlets or online;
- access and use of our website;
- participate in surveys and other types of research;
- enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest hosted by 1825 Interiors;
- subscribe to 1825 Interiors’ mailing list;
- register your details on 1825 Interiors’ web site;
- submit a job application or a resume.
1825 Interiors only collects personal information by lawful and fair means and when you knowingly provide it.
Other information 1825 Interiors may collect
For statistical purposes 1825 Interiors collects anonymous information on web site activity (such as top pages viewed, the number of pages viewed, the number of sessions, and most popular session times). 1825 Interiors uses this data to evaluate its web site performance and to improve the content it displays to you.
To evaluate the effectiveness of its online advertising, 1825 Interiors may use third parties to collect statistical data. No personal information is collected on these occasions.
1825 interiors uses tracking technologies such as cookies to recognise your browser each time you visit our website, and to track which pages you visit. 1825 Interiors uses this information internally to optimise our website and create a better online experience for you.
A Cookie is a small text file created by a website that is stored in the user's computer either temporarily for that session only or permanently on the hard disk (persistent cookie). Cookies provide a way for the website to recognise you and keep track of your preferences. Cookies also allow web applications to optimise the continuity of your browsing session by gathering and remembering information about your browsing preferences. If you use our online shopping facility, cookies will assist with remembering your shopping cart contents and log in details.
Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally, and will not give us access to your personal information (other than the information you have chosen to input on our website). Most web browsers are set to automatically accept tracking technologies such as cookies. However, if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you can set your browser to refuse them. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Use and disclosure of personal information
1825 Interiors uses your personal information as reasonably necessary for the following purposes:
- to complete a transaction in store or via our website;
- to deal with customer service issues;
- to customise our website to provide you with a better experience;
- for internal record keeping;
- to send you information regarding our products and services, special offers or events we consider may be of interest to you from time to time via mail, SMS and email in accordance with applicable marketing laws such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth); You can unsubscribe such communication by advising us.
- to answer your queries in relation to1825 Interiors’ products and services; and
- for planning, product development or research purposes.
1825 Interiors respects your privacy and your personal information will not be shared, sold or disclosed other than as described in this policy.
1825 Interiors may disclose your personal information to the following people or entities:
- employees, contractors or service providers (including web hosting providers, mailing house, couriers, payment processors, IT consultants etc.) for the purposes of operation of our business and our website and providing products and services you have requested;
- our suppliers and other third parties for marketing of 1825 Interiors products and related purposes, with whom we have commercial relationship;
- the credit provider, if you choose to apply for any credit facility in connection with a purchase;
- our professional advisers, such as our accountants, lawyers and auditors;
- the entity for the purpose of purchase part of whole of our business;
- government and regulatory authorities if required or permitted by law.
1825 Interiors will take reasonable steps to ensure that these entities are aware of their privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your information.
1825 Interiors will not otherwise disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent, unless it is required or authorised by law to do so.
Links to third party web sites on www.1825interiors.com.au or links from a third party web site to 1825 Interiors’ sites are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links 1825 Interiors does not take responsible for any of these sites, their content or their use of your personal information.
Quality of personal information
1825 Interiors will reasonably endeavour to ensure that your personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect, out of date, irrelevant or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Security of personal information
1825 Interiors is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information confidential and protect it from unauthorised use, modification or disclosure.
Access to personal information
Should you wish to access any personal information we hold about you, please contact us by fax, letter or e-mail at:
P. O. Box 7096,
Wetherill Park NSW 2164,
Ph: (02) 9756 4047, Fax: (02) 9729 3832,
If we refuse access, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and the relevant provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). that we rely on to refuse access. We may recover reasonable costs of retrieving information when you make an access request.